Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TakeNoPrizners
I'm glad to see the return of Arena Fighter. Thanks to BattlesandDeaths for setting up The Meeting Place for introductions. I'm an enthusiast living in the western US. Below are some areas of interest:

I like to write, and I like reading other guys' stories. I have used the nick Davos in some of my online gladiator bouts. You may have seen transcriptions of my fights with other gladiators posted here and there. It's fun to chat with guys about their favorite aspects of arena combat, worthwhile gladiator movies and TV shows, andĀ combat gear and weaponry. I like to share hot images, film clips, links, etc. from my collection (and add to it.)

Gladiator art is another huge interest. In addition to the fantastic cgi work that exists on the topic, I also like to collect, celebrate and help preserve pre-digital gladiator and ancient warrior images by artists who used pen and ink and/or drew for comic books.

Regarding my favorite arena action, I think caestus fighting is under-represented in our celebration of the arena. Fighting with spiked gloves requires a special kind of fortitude. For sheer aesthetics, of course, a warrior taking a sword through his chest, his guts, or both rates among the manliest of deaths. Pinning a guy down with a trident and shoving the fork into him is also a guaranteed boner. Spears, arrows, and combat knives also definitely have their place in my weapons inventory.

Thanks to all of you in this forum who have posted hot thoughts, sizzling stories andĀ arousing art. I look forward to seeing and sharing more.
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in hell!" -- Leonidas at Thermopylae