Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
viewing images
I have to endorse The mightyfoo compaint that some large posted images do not fit the viewing area...thus to view the entire image it is necessary to schroll up and down it which is not so good. Is it possible to provide on your site either automatic sizing or a tool that allows the poster to re-size the image...I have used these tools on other sites.

Another way to solve this issues is to provide the option of another viewing format...this format is widely used...you click on the image and you go to another page where the image fills the screen and all the other images on the post are displayed in small versions underneath the main image. You put you pointer on the small version of the image next to the image you are looking at and click it and the next image appears..do not move your pointer and the next image moves under it so that without moving your pointer you can just click and the next image will appear..

Because I create many images to portray action...this is the best format for me. To see an example..please go to my Warriors blog....drop down to the first or second image and click on it.

https://warriorimages.blogspot.com/?zx=83fc0f147e1bd631

I must take this opportunity to highly praise what you have done and are doing with your site...and...thank you mightly for providing a place where like minds can express themselves.
Automatic sizing would be ideal, but there is a way to view the whole image on a PC. I don't know how it would work on a Mac. If you have a PC, right click the image and you will get a menu. Select " View Image", and it will downsize the image full screen. At least, it does on mine. I ended up resizing all my attachments to a smaller size. For some posters,  that might not be an option. Hope this was helpful.
(08-24-2019, 01:38 PM)gladiatoratticus Wrote: Automatic sizing would be ideal, but there is a way to view the whole image on a PC. I don't know how it would work on a Mac. If you have a PC, right click the image and you will get a menu. Select " View Image", and it will downsize the image full screen. At least, it does on mine. I ended up resizing all my attachments to a smaller size. For some posters,  that might not be an option. Hope this was helpful.

Yes there is that option...however it does not allow any way to view the next image...it is necessary to go back to the post... schroll to the next image and right click again.... its cumbersome. Thanks anyway.
So far, I've only found the options for the full-size image and for the thumbnails.  I have not yet found the option to post it like on blogger (which would be the best), but I am still looking into this and will let you know if I find anything new.
And As Always,
Happy Battlings and a Glorious Death to You All!!!!

B&D
It has been awhile now....I still hope that you will find a better way to view images...also to increase the size of posts.... I have many many gifs that are 12mbs and larger.
I was able to increase the size of gifs to 11.87MB.  As for the picture display, unfortunately, we do not have the same system as found on blogger.  The only options I have are thumbnail, full-size image, or down-load link. 

The only way to make it smaller would be to edit the pic itself.  (This can be done by opening it to ms paint and resizing it.  If a posted picture is too big, one can always left-click and view image, which displays it full-screen.

Sorry about the inconvenience, but we are, unfortunately limited by the technology that is available to us and that we can afford.
And As Always,
Happy Battlings and a Glorious Death to You All!!!!

B&D