Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September 2019 update
Star 
We have been experiencing a lot of growth in the site.  I would like to welcome the new members to the forum.  We currently have 165 active members (The member list shows 244, but I had to ban 79 of them as foreign spammers).

We now have 6 new subforums in the pictures section, each with their own moderator.  (If anyone else is interested in their own subforum in any category, let me know and I will set one up for you.) 

The Russian bot issue has decreased drastically, thanks to everyone reporting instances of spam.  As I said early, I was able to weed out 79 spammers.  While we still have a couple of spammers popping up each week, we have been able to keep them staved off.  (If anyone is interested in having some of their email addresses to send junk mail to, let me know.)

We are currently in need of additional administrators.  While I had the skills to get the site set up, I am not tech savvy enough to add some things that others have requested such as a chat area or alternative ways of posting pics and videos. Anyone interested should contact me via private message on this site or at my email account.

I have gotten into contact with BestDeaths and suggested a subforum for them in the video section for them to post their preview videos.  They are interested in doing it however, posting videos in the forum has limits. They use Adobe on their website and the current configuration of the forum doesn't allow for that. (IF anyone knows how to do this, PM me.)  It would be great if we could get them on board.

I would also like to see others become engaged as well and plan on contacting a few who have youtube channels.  If anyone has any suggestions as to similar groups/channels that may be interested in joining with us or that you would like to see them here, let me (or them) know.  We don't want to make this site heavily commercialized, but if they provide good content (even if it is just preview), we would welcome them with open arms.

I also would like to send a HUGE welcome and thank you to our sponsor and founder of the forum who was recently able to finally join us.  He shall remain anonymous, unless he wishes to reveal himself.  THANK YOU for making this site possible.

And Thank you to everyone who has been feverishly posting and filling this forum with content.  Remember this forum belongs to all of us.  So, lets keep making it awesome.
And As Always,
Happy Battlings and a Glorious Death to You All!!!!

B&D
(09-16-2019, 08:52 PM)BattlesandDeaths Wrote: We have been experiencing a lot of growth in the site.  I would like to welcome the new members to the forum.  We currently have 165 active members (The member list shows 244, but I had to ban 79 of them as foreign spammers).

We now have 6 new subforums in the pictures section, each with their own moderator.  (If anyone else is interested in their own subforum in any category, let me know and I will set one up for you.) 

The Russian bot issue has decreased drastically, thanks to everyone reporting instances of spam.  As I said early, I was able to weed out 79 spammers.  While we still have a couple of spammers popping up each week, we have been able to keep them staved off.  (If anyone is interested in having some of their email addresses to send junk mail to, let me know.)

We are currently in need of additional administrators.  While I had the skills to get the site set up, I am not tech savvy enough to add some things that others have requested such as a chat area or alternative ways of posting pics and videos. Anyone interested should contact me via private message on this site or at my email account.

I have gotten into contact with BestDeaths and suggested a subforum for them in the video section for them to post their preview videos.  They are interested in doing it however, posting videos in the forum has limits. They use Adobe on their website and the current configuration of the forum doesn't allow for that. (IF anyone knows how to do this, PM me.)  It would be great if we could get them on board.

I would also like to see others become engaged as well and plan on contacting a few who have youtube channels.  If anyone has any suggestions as to similar groups/channels that may be interested in joining with us or that you would like to see them here, let me (or them) know.  We don't want to make this site heavily commercialized, but if they provide good content (even if it is just preview), we would welcome them with open arms.

I also would like to send a HUGE welcome and thank you to our sponsor and founder of the forum who was recently able to finally join us.  He shall remain anonymous, unless he wishes to reveal himself.  THANK YOU for making this site possible.

And Thank you to everyone who has been feverishly posting and filling this forum with content.  Remember this forum belongs to all of us.  So, lets keep making it awesome.

Oo, I just discovered that all the moderators you've been creating (like me) have the ability to purge spammers. I just purged two of them. How thrilling!
(09-17-2019, 02:06 AM)themightyfoo Wrote: [quote pid='2404' dateline='1568667163']

Oo, I just discovered that all the moderators you've been creating (like me) have the ability to purge spammers. I just purged two of them. How thrilling!

[/quote]
Yay!!!  Death to all spammers!!!
And As Always,
Happy Battlings and a Glorious Death to You All!!!!

B&D