Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message to Everyone - December update
Star 
There have been several comments about the lack of additional people posting and the lack of people commenting on posts.  Some people are feeling discouraged.

I understand that feeling as well.  The simple truth is a lot of our members are currently only spectators.    Some people are just a little shy.  Some are new to this genre and aren't sure how to respond.

I remember when I first joined the old forum.  I thought I was weird, strange, even "bad" for enjoying this genre.  It took me several months of stalking before I even started commenting. I just wanted to quietly sit back and "enjoy" the material and pretend I didn't exist.

I remember reading the other stories and being amazed at the story-line, the writing style, the character development (and, of course, the descriptions of the kills,) thinking the whole time I could never write a very good story.

But one day, I started chatting with one of the guys via PM (I don't remember his name, but he had a very distinctive commenting style.)  I kinda looked up to him.  I wrote a short scenario for him and he got really excited and told me I should post it.  After a lot of persuasion on his part, I finally did.  It was my story "You and the sniper" (found in the gun-fight stories section). 

I remember all the praise I got for it.  I loved reading the comments section.  That led me to writing several other stories.  And now I enjoy writing (or even re-writing) stories.

I want to let everyone know.  Your voice matters.  Your comments matter.  I understand the desire to just sit back and enjoy.  But comments, especially praise, is greatly needed and appreciated.

When I started doing alters, I thought I sucked at it (I was always comparing my work to that of others and thought mine as lesser.)  It was through the encouragement of others that I worked on improving my techniques.  

I also remember the time I posted an alter of an underage person dying and JJ had to remove it.  I remember how frustrating that was.  I wanted to quit, but JJ was an excellent administrator and encouraged me to continue.  Eventually I got better at making alters, I even made a DAZ story.  (Though I must admit that I see a lot of my work as sub-par, but that's just because of how critical I am of myself.)

The simple truth is we NEED you.  And yes, that means YOU.  Sure, we have some great super-posters here, but we need more.  More contributors (even if your stories, pictures, videos aren't that good.)  Just share. 

And even if you aren't ready to share, Please comment.  Let people know when you enjoy their work.  Give them a star for each time you return to see a post.  Hell, you could even provide suggestions for story-lines or alters or anything.

You dont have to hook-up with anyone here. (You can if you want to, though I would recommend some wisdom before randomly meeting someone online).  We're just here to create work that we think others may enjoy.  So, if you enjoy it.  Tell us.

For those who have been posting (even feverishly sometimes), Don't give up.  This forum is truly amazing.  Sure we don't have all of the movies, stories, pics that the old forum had, but what we've been able to accomplish in these past five months is outstanding.

We have 9 members with 50 or more posts.  Heck, CHASE has over 1000 posts (more than all the rest of us combined!!!)  So, a HUGE thank you and shout out to him.

Also thank you to everyone else who has been posting regularly (gladlover, bellyboy, gladiatoratticus, TakeNoPrizners, GutKnife, Eroticus, themightyfoo, traxxgalaxy, someguy123user, and several others who have posted so many posts/comments/threads.)

Keep up the great work.  I know we want more recognition for our work.  Just remember, It takes time, this site is only a few months old.  We now have over 300 members.  Let's build the new guys up just as others have helped build us up.  Someday, one of these quiet ones may become future contributors, moderators, or even administrators of this site (or potentially other sites).

We are one big family.  Sure we want to kill each other sometimes, but that's what makes this place great.  May each one of you enjoy a festive holiday season. 

Be Safe and Be Sane.
And As Always,
Happy Battlings and a Glorious Death to You All!!!!

B&D
THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT and this post. I"m sorry to say a lot of the people I look forward to posts from aren't newbies and in fact, they've been doing this longer than I have and others but they almost never do. I'm thinking they're only doing this to either meet others like themselves or as the whim strikes them, regardless of how the rest of us feel. It's aggravating and annoying but there's nothing I can do that I haven't already done. Some of them may not even be on the forum yet, if they ever will. Maybe some of them don't know about this forum, either. I'm talking about Derek, Blade, Rob, and a few others, who's work is top notch but who are not contributing, that I know of. Blade's own blog hasn't been updated in close to ten years. It wouldn't be so upsetting if I didn't like their work but that's the way things go. The more Like someone's work and pics and art, the LESS they seem to post!
As a "Warrior in Training" member, I haven't contributed yet, but definitely will start sharing to keep this site great.  I followed the old site for years in HS and college and love to see how this site is continuing its legacy!