My Board
The Scarlet Pimpernel strikes again! - Printable Version

+- My Board (https://arenafighter.adult/mybb)
+-- Forum: Arena Fighters Forum (https://arenafighter.adult/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Notices (https://arenafighter.adult/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The Scarlet Pimpernel strikes again! (/showthread.php?tid=5976)

The Scarlet Pimpernel strikes again! - themightyfoo - 10-24-2021

To the Arenafighter community:

I've been a contributor here since this latest incarnation got off the ground a couple of years back. I've continued to contribute off and on since then - sometimes I've disappeared for as long as a year or more, but I kept coming back. The main reason why is that I already had a site on FetLife that I'd invested a lot of time and energy in. But over the past couple of years there has been increasing censorship on FetLife and I can foresee a day when I'll be banned there. I joined FetLife in 2010, not long after it started. The TOS has changed a LOT since then, and most of my content would be banned there today if I didn't make it friends-only, and perhaps even then. It's a long story, but for the most part the credit card companies are behind it.

So I've made the decision to migrate most of my activity to Arenafighter. I'm gradually backing things up here - tt will take me some time to do that, so in the meantime you can still see my content on FetLife as I've wanted to present it.

MyBB has a different set of problems (and to be quite clear, my concerns have always been with MyBB and NOT Arenafighter.) The UI is terrible, it's over 20 years out of date and there's no mobile interface  It's impossible for me to format my content the way I really want. That's very important to me. I'm pretty certain the security is as outdated as the UI, and that's important to me as well. Plus, FetLife has been around since 2008 so it's still here when other platforms have come and gone.
So there's no ideal solution. Like most of the guys who post content on "our" kink we are nomads, posting for a while in one place then moving on. I've decided to make Arenafighter my "home" site for the foreseeable future, although it will take some time to fully transition. I do have a request - could I please have a dedicated folder in the Stories section? For a while now I've had to post my illustrated stories in my pictures section. That's never been ideal but there is no Mighty Foo folder under stories.
Anyway, look forward to seeing me post a lot more here going forward.
All the best,
Foo

RE: The Scarlet Pimpernel strikes again! - gladiatoratticus - 10-24-2021

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your work here. Your art certainly raises my heart rate, and more. Fetlife's loss is Arenafighter's gain.

RE: The Scarlet Pimpernel strikes again! - gladlover - 10-24-2021

Glad to see you move your stuff here. I've had my problems with FetLife in the past. I like to avoid them!

RE: The Scarlet Pimpernel strikes again! - timgotshot - 10-26-2021

I think an all out war is coming between those credit card companies and sex positivity/sex worker activists. And not the fun kind where strappy bulging guys get killed in piles. I hope the activists win this one, there isn't a whit of genuine principles behind these cowardly finance fucks' insistence on censorship. They just let nags cow them. One "sex trafficking" anecdote outweighs both data putting it in perspective and the needs of so many people to have a safe and supportive home base for their sexuality. At any rate, I'm glad to know where you'll be.

RE: The Scarlet Pimpernel strikes again! - themightyfoo - 08-19-2022

Well, that didn't work out so well. I ended up spending an inordinate amount of time fucking around with the antique user interface for this site. I really tried, but trying to get the UI to make my work look the way I want is just impossible. How my work gets presented is understandably important to me, so I'll just have to take my chances on FetLife. It's not perfect, but I keep a very low profile over there, I am careful to screen who sees my work over there, and at least they have a mobile UI.

Please check out my work on FetLife.

Ciao,
Foo
Foo[attachment=22623]

RE: The Scarlet Pimpernel strikes again! - CHASE - 08-19-2022

(08-19-2022, 03:50 AM)themightyfoo Wrote: Well, that didn't work out so well. I ended up spending an inordinate amount of time fucking around with the antique user interface for this site. I really tried, but trying to get the UI to make my work look the way I want is just impossible. How my work gets presented is understandably important to me, so I'll just have to take my chances on FetLife. It's not perfect, but I keep a very low profile over there, I am careful to screen who sees my work over there, and at least they have a mobile UI.

Please check out my work on FetLife.

Ciao,
Foo
Foo

Maybe...and I'm just throwing this out here: maybe you're too much of a perfectionist to ever think either site will be okay enough for you? I mean your work is fantastic but FETLIFE has its issues there. Here, it's easier to see, save and enjoy. The stuff you posted here is easy to see and nice. The stuff on FETLIFE ditto. It's easier for me here but over the long year or so you've posted NOT enough for me as I love your works and would love to see it all.