Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buddies
(08-22-2019, 03:38 AM)BearFoot Wrote: Found it free to watch here: Guadalcanal Diary

Thanks for the heads up about Guadalcanal Diary and for the link to the free version. Nice find. There are also previews of Jaeckel's chest earlier in the film, on board the ship with his deck buddies, then digging his foxhole with his shirt off. Hollywood seems to set up the cute blond guy for taking a hit, and Jaeckel does a nice job of it.

Also, I ran across an online tribute to Luke Halpin, the Flipper guy. I like the commentary on different aesthetics of the male torso. (OK, the pics aren't bad either.) http://www.cpps90.com/luke/html/articles/body.html[attachment=990]

Attached Files Image(s)

"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in hell!" -- Leonidas at Thermopylae
Looks like the religious kooks were right. Hollywood was out to turn us all gay. Hooray For Hollywood!!!
(08-22-2019, 03:38 AM)BearFoot Wrote: Found it free to watch here: Guadalcanal Diary

Thanks!
Morituri Te Salutamus - Those about to die salute you. 
I don't think Jackel died in this?

BTW one episode of FLIPPER called FLIPPER ISLAND, the last season, has two Cubans I think holding guns on Bud and Sandy, and in the climax, Sandy stands before the younger teen who holds a rifle on him ready to shoot, his swim denims real low!
(09-03-2019, 06:18 PM)bellyboy Wrote: Young guys need to die after getting it in the guts. Sal Mineo was a good actor who died in several movies after getting it in the belly. He had a great bod to take those hits too.

I remember him in The Longest Day. I saw it when I was a kid. His death scene was fabulous. I played it many times with my buddies.
Morituri Te Salutamus - Those about to die salute you.