Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mediaeval execution.
I'm building a machine out of timber and rope to see if this could have been used to execute prisoners in mediaeval times.
It needs some improvements to make it more effective, like the addition of a windlass so the executioner can tighten the rope with enough force to impale the victim with ease.
This machine has the advantage of being able to use different weapons on different parts of the torso. For example, an arrow or spear could be driven through the left pec then through the heart, or a long knife into the central abs or navel. A wooden splint would first be tied to the back of each leg, so the prisoner would not be able to bend his knees to avoid being impaled properly. The machine would be mounted on a platform so the gathered crowd could get a clear view, as the executioner turns the windlass, tightening the rope slowly which pulls the prisoner onto the chosen weapon.
I'd be grateful for any comments on how to improve this design.

Great work.
Would be hot to see it on a video.
Forget the machine - I just want to see you getting skewered through your chest with that big arrow! You have a great body for a warrior!
>>——ArrowAgony—>
Even better if you were naked! Smile
That's very imaginative Bruffman.

It reminds me of a scene in
Maciste in king Solomon’s mine