Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August 2019 update
Well, its been a great month so far.  There was a strong Russian presence (okay, some were from the Philippines, the United Arab Emerites and a few were even americans), but with continued purging of spammers and banning them, (As well as catching and deleting several as they tried to register), has kept our beloved forum operating smoothly.  Thank you to everyone who reported spammers the instant you found them.

We currently have 190 registered members (62 or which are purged spammers, so, there are actually only 128.)  But hey, that is still a strong number.

The pictures section is going great.  We are just shy of our 200th post in that section.  Thank you to everyone who has been posting.  With the recent upping of the max size limit for pics and the re-structuring from thumbnails to full-size pictures has proven to be positive changes.

The stories section has also seen a lot of activity.  Thanks again for everyone who is posting. 

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the forum, comment below and lets make this place even better.
And As Always,
Happy Battlings and a Glorious Death to You All!!!!

B&D
(08-23-2019, 01:48 AM)BattlesandDeaths Wrote: Well, its been a great month so far.  There was a strong Russian presence (okay, some were from the Philippines, the United Arab Emerites and a few were even americans), but with continued purging of spammers and banning them, (As well as catching and deleting several as they tried to register), has kept our beloved forum operating smoothly.  Thank you to everyone who reported spammers the instant you found them.

We currently have 190 registered members (62 or which are purged spammers, so, there are actually only 128.)  But hey, that is still a strong number.

The pictures section is going great.  We are just shy of our 200th post in that section.  Thank you to everyone who has been posting.  With the recent upping of the max size limit for pics and the re-structuring from thumbnails to full-size pictures has proven to be positive changes.

The stories section has also seen a lot of activity.  Thanks again for everyone who is posting. 

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the forum, comment below and lets make this place even better.

Well done B&D! Much appreciated.
Great job! One thing though. Some times the full size pictures extend over the frame. Those images can't be seen in full.

Best wishes to you!
Morituri Te Salutamus - Those about to die salute you. 
Thanks much to BattlesandDeaths for doing a superb job with this forum. Administering this gaggle of gladiators can't be an easy job, and I know all of us appreciate it. I'd like to add a friendly second to the suggestion by eroticus to further partition the images section by sub-categories that could accommodate artists who contribute frequently. As the number of posts grows, more specific folders would make the site easier to navigate and avoid the danger of specialized material becoming subsumed in the mix. Artists could also link to those folders if they wanted to alert others to the location of their work. With the volume of postings to "Pictures" increasing sharply, posting something new may become like tossing it into a river and watching it drift downstream and out of sight. The suggestion is not a criticism. I have no idea what would be involved in such a move, so if it is not possible or too unwieldy to be practical, I understand completely. There is also a search function on the board, and that may become a tool that users could rely on more as the collection grows. Thanks for your thoughts on this idea. (This same post is replicated in response to a note by eroticus in the Pictures section.)
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in hell!" -- Leonidas at Thermopylae
This is a great forum thanks to the work of BattlesandDeaths. The only suggestion I have echoes that of TNP above. We're getting a lot of excellent work by really good artists. If folders could be made for individual artists' collection, it would keep things from being lost in the shuffle. I don't know if something like that is possible here, but I would like to see it if it is. Thanks again B&D for provding this forum