Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thought for the day...
"Friendship is born at that moment when someone says, 'What? You too? I thought I was the only one'. "

- C. S. Lewis
(07-22-2020, 07:23 PM)KingRicky Wrote: "Friendship is born at that moment when someone says, 'What? You too? I thought I was the only one'. "

- C. S. Lewis

True. I met one of my best friends on the old arenafigher forum. Now we're roommates.
Unfortunately, unlike in the past, on past forums, I can't really say that here. It's my own fault really. I just can't find myself in general getting into dicks or balls being stabbed, throats being slashed, arms or limbs cut off, neck slashing, heart stabbing, heads cut off, hairy and fat guys being killed, gun wounds and gun fights, and buckets and buckets of blood. I come here every day and I don't know why. Sometimes I see one or two posts I like but mostly no and mostly those here don't post often any longer, those that used to. There are dozens of members here who used to post great stuff and now don't. It's sad. The momentum of the past forums is gone as is the great content IMO. I know I'll get nasty responses to this but I guess I shouldn't express myself about any of this and I don't want to take it away from those who like this stuff bit most of it I find gross and/or a huge turn off.

(07-23-2020, 12:43 AM)Kthoolfoo Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 07:23 PM)KingRicky Wrote: "Friendship is born at that moment when someone says, 'What? You too? I thought I was the only one'. "

- C. S. Lewis

True. I met one of my best friends on the old arenafigher forum. Now we're roommates.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!! I ENVY THAT!

- C. S. Lewis

That's a beautiful thought, and very true—thanks for sharing it.
Read my stories at Sweat, Steel & Glory: https://sweatsteelglory.substack.com/
I came across the following quote in this article about Tom of Finland in the New York Times just now, which was heartening to read:

"By pursuing and portraying the particulars of your own personal desires — as idiosyncratic, abhorrent, irresponsible or far too subjective as your current situation may make it seem — you might just someday inspire the lives of others, many of whom may be worlds and lifetimes away."

This is something I both believe in, yet struggle with in my own art.
(07-23-2020, 11:55 PM)GuttedGladiator Wrote: I came across the following quote in this article about Tom of Finland in the New York Times just now, which was heartening to read:

"By pursuing and portraying the particulars of your own personal desires — as idiosyncratic, abhorrent, irresponsible or far too subjective as your current situation may make it seem — you might just someday inspire the lives of others, many of whom may be worlds and lifetimes away."

Thanks. This helps me a lot. Appreciated.
(07-24-2020, 09:10 PM)CHASE Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 11:55 PM)GuttedGladiator Wrote: I came across the following quote in this article about Tom of Finland in the New York Times just now, which was heartening to read:

I'm glad it helps. By the way, that article I shared seems relevant to this community in a lot of ways; I can't help but think that Tom of Finland's aesthetic has shaped and influenced (whether directly or indirectly) a lot of the art we make and celebrate here.
(07-24-2020, 11:52 PM)GuttedGladiator Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 09:10 PM)CHASE Wrote:

I'm not sure of that. Tom of Finland drew many things and a lot of the stuff I've seen, while some of it is definitely on target, a large majority of it IMO wasn't. It's been a long time since I saw his stuff but I seem to recall a lot of tying up, leather, bondage, even pissing (?) which is gross, and motorcycle images? Maybe? 

I'm glad it helps. By the way, that article I shared seems relevant to this community in a lot of ways; I can't help but think that Tom of Finland's aesthetic has shaped and influenced (whether directly or indirectly) a lot of the art we make and celebrate here.

I can't even read the article because an ad pops up every time so I can't see it or read it.