Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buddies
A little while ago I posted about one of my first experiences as a teenage boy growing up in New York City.  A friend of mine and I were at a gladiator movie in Times Square - they used to show them there a lot, and I was getting so turned on by the fights, especially when I saw a gladiator run through with a sword and die on the sand, I was rubbing my jeans, and without really thinking about it took out my cock and started jacking off.  My buddy noticed and I told him it was okay, he could do it too, it didn't mean we were gay, we were just appreciating manly death.  The next fight scene, which was between the hero gladiators and the evil king's soldiers (sorry don't remember the name of the film) I came right away, shooting all over the floor, and my buddy came the next time a soldier was dispatched.

After this if I noticed one of these roman films was on during a Saturday afternoon I would invite my buddy over - I had a TV in my room, and we would jack off all the time to these movies.  We could each cum a few times if the movie was hot enough.   We never touched each other or even tasted each other's cum.  It was just boy sport.

After high school when I was in college I found out my roomate liked these movies, lucky me, and we started with jacking, with led to sucking, which led to fucking.  He turned out to be straight later on, and I turned out bi.  I still like girls and men, can't give either up.

Now that I am an adult when I bring a guy back I will sometimes ask him about his interest in gladiators.  Every now and then I find the right guy, open up you tube and we're at it again! 

Anyone else like to watch gladiator movies and videos with a buddy?
I wish I had someone to watch with that was a s into it. I don't think most people understand how sexual it really is for guys into this fetish.
I had similar interests, but for me it was mostly WW II films and Westerns.
I think movies and TV are super important for gay teens. They were for me and still are. Your post made me realize that I can’t recall ever hearing a straight friend say that a film or TV show helped him identify what turns him on or put him in touch with his sexuality. Straights are encouraged to look at the opposite sex, talk about girls as sexual objects among themselves, and even, as our president puts it, “grab their pussies.” Straight guys seldom need visual representations of their sexual desire, because they’re surrounded by the real thing and told to go for it. It’s very different for guys whose sexual identity has been a social taboo. And when the turn-on is male combat, killing and dying, there’s an even greater reliance on third-person accounts or media representations. We don’t have access to the real thing, but at the same time most of us don’t want or need to actually join the army or the foreign legion or a gang so that we can kill other men for real. Our proclivity toward actual violence is directly disproportional to the beautifully extreme but harmless violence in our erotic daydreams. Sword and sandal movies are public images of our private imaginings. The contrived studio set is about as close to an actual arena as our creative jerkoff fantasies are. I think gladiator and combat enthusiasts are much more imaginative than many of our straight counterparts. We derive more enjoyment than they can understand from donning loin cloths and playing with plastic swords on a wrestling mat in the basement. (That was my thing. The mat was great for cushioning the fall after taking a blade.)  We consciously embrace the pleasure of watching gladiator movies with a buddy on a Saturday afternoon. (Or stroking together with a likeminded friend as we watched a couple of episodes of the STARZ Spartacus series when it came out on DVD, and with a different bud as we share-viewed the opening scenes of Saving Pvt. Ryan on Skype.) Meanwhile, a lot of straight guys who are also attracted by the primal appeal of man-to-man combat to the death, even if it’s in a less eroticized way, are afraid to admit that they like it. I’ve met a couple of straight Marines who I think may have felt less need to join the military and to fire real guns if they just had liberated buddies as playmates and a bit more imagination. I tried explaining all this to a straight friend once, and she asked incredulously, “So you know you’re gay by what movies you like?” I thought about it and said, “Yeah. And thank goodness for those movies, too.”
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in hell!" -- Leonidas at Thermopylae
For me it was any movie with shirtless guys. If there was fighting involved that was a plus. So I watched a lot of gladiator, war, westerns and jungle films. To this day a movie I watch over and over again is Sailor of the King. It's a WWII film from 1953 with Jeffrey Hunter. He's shirtless, sweaty and grimy for about ninety percent of the film. Definitely get a boner each time I watch it.
(08-19-2019, 03:41 PM)TakeNoPrizners Wrote: I think movies and TV are super important for gay teens. They were for me and still are. Your post made me realize that I can’t recall ever hearing a straight friend say that a film or TV show helped him identify what turns him on or put him in touch with his sexuality. Straights are encouraged to look at the opposite sex, talk about girls as sexual objects among themselves, and even, as our president puts it, “grab their pussies.” Straight guys seldom need visual representations of their sexual desire, because they’re surrounded by the real thing and told to go for it. It’s very different for guys whose sexual identity has been a social taboo. And when the turn-on is male combat, killing and dying, there’s an even greater reliance on third-person accounts or media representations. We don’t have access to the real thing, but at the same time most of us don’t want or need to actually join the army or the foreign legion or a gang so that we can kill other men for real. Our proclivity toward actual violence is directly disproportional to the beautifully extreme but harmless violence in our erotic daydreams. Sword and sandal movies are public images of our private imaginings. The contrived studio set is about as close to an actual arena as our creative jerkoff fantasies are. I think gladiator and combat enthusiasts are much more imaginative than many of our straight counterparts. We derive more enjoyment than they can understand from donning loin cloths and playing with plastic swords on a wrestling mat in the basement. (That was my thing. The mat was great for cushioning the fall after taking a blade.)  We consciously embrace the pleasure of watching gladiator movies with a buddy on a Saturday afternoon. (Or stroking together with a likeminded friend as we watched a couple of episodes of the STARZ Spartacus series when it came out on DVD, and with a different bud as we share-viewed the opening scenes of Saving Pvt. Ryan on Skype.) Meanwhile, a lot of straight guys who are also attracted by the primal appeal of man-to-man combat to the death, even if it’s in a less eroticized way, are afraid to admit that they like it. I’ve met a couple of straight Marines who I think may have felt less need to join the military and to fire real guns if they just had liberated buddies as playmates and a bit more imagination. I tried explaining all this to a straight friend once, and she asked incredulously, “So you know you’re gay by what movies you like?” I thought about it and said, “Yeah. And thank goodness for those movies, too.”

Could be, I suspect it's generational. For me it wasn't just shirtless combat fare, it was also Tiger-Beat type adolescent crushes like the almost-always-nearly-naked Sandy from the otherwise excruciatingly boring 60s TV show Flipper.

On the other hand, many years ago I made the offhand suggestion on one of "our" boards that those who die violent deaths are more likely to carry those death experiences into future incarnations. I had childhood memories of having been killed in the Pacific in WW II, but I've never known whether to trust those memories. Also, reincarnation is a decidedly minority belief in Western countries. Nevertheless I was surprised to hear how many of my fellow fetishists reported similar experiences. To each his own.
I watched a lot of gladiator, peplum, war, and westerns when I was a kid. My parents took me to a drive-in to see most of them. If your into WWII, there's a 1943 movie called Guadacanal Diary. There is a scene where a young (17) Richard Jaeckel is shot, then drops to the sand with his shirt open. I have the movie. I still watch this scene over and over.
Morituri Te Salutamus - Those about to die salute you. 
(08-21-2019, 04:53 PM)gladlover Wrote: I watched a lot of gladiator, peplum, war, and westerns when I was a kid. My parents took me to a drive-in to see most of them. If your into WWII, there's a 1943 movie called Guadacanal Diary. There is a scene where a young (17) Richard Jaeckel is shot, then drops to the sand with his shirt open. I have the movie. I still watch this scene over and over.
Fuck yeah! Is there a YouTube link?
(08-22-2019, 12:57 AM)themightyfoo Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 04:53 PM)gladlover Wrote: I watched a lot of gladiator, peplum, war, and westerns when I was a kid. My parents took me to a drive-in to see most of them. If your into WWII, there's a 1943 movie called Guadacanal Diary. There is a scene where a young (17) Richard Jaeckel is shot, then drops to the sand with his shirt open. I have the movie. I still watch this scene over and over.
Fuck yeah! Is there a YouTube link?
It is on YouTube but you got to pay to watch. 3 bucks I think.
Morituri Te Salutamus - Those about to die salute you. 
Found it free to watch here: Guadalcanal Diary