Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way Bad Stone
(01-06-2020, 04:03 AM)Derek 1931 Wrote: Glad you guys have enjoyed WAY BAD STONE. It's been 30 years since we made it, we filmed fall/winter 1990 and then it took another few months to edit, hence the 1991 copyright. Every effect in it was a "practical" effect...that is, done live on camera, no CGI of any sort. All analog. I directed and co-wrote it, but had to compromise a lot with the producer who was putting up the money, as well as some of the performers, who were trained in stage combat. They were medieval fair performers and had their own way of doing things, so some stuff is "stagier" than I would have liked.
About two years later I started shooting scenes and short films with the guys you might all be more familiar with: Longhair, Pizza Boy, Big Red, etc. That all culminated around 2006 with OVERKILL, the longform video with dozens of death scene of all sorts, including gunshots, arrows, swords, spears, knives, machine guns, javelins, etc., and the effects being a blend of practical and CGI/animation. Most of that stuff was posted online over the years in the various forums, but when the original Arenafighter forum ended, I pretty much retired from new filming. Over the years in the various forums (starting with Male Belly Stabbing Fantasies) I posted well over 1,000 clips from 30 seconds to several minutes long, all downloadable. I only posted a few dozen on Youtube, as I preferred to keep them within the groups, and Youtube occasionally rejected them.
With no clear idea of where to find our group and post things, I pretty much just stopped. I do have a lot of my original tapes, but the digital versions I posted have been lost to time, computer crashes, etc. The computer I am using now is quite old, and I am hoping in the next few months to replace it and upgrade to the point where I can again make my stuff available online or as DVDs if there is enough interest.
Again, it's great to see my work still being appreciated, so thanks for the kind comments. Sorry if I have disappointed anybody by being out of the loop for a while.
Derek

Sorry,but when Arenafighter was taken down I simply didn't know how to contact anyone anymore!
Hey Derek,

Would you have any links to your film Overkill?  Don't think I ever saw it.

Thanks!
(01-14-2020, 09:47 AM)uaphilly79 Wrote: Hey Derek,

Thanks!
Sorry, it was never posted online, I put way too much work into that to give it away. There were many individual scenes posted. It was available on DVD for a while,I may release it again this year.
- Derek
(01-14-2020, 01:11 PM)Derek 1931 Wrote:

Thanks!
Sorry, it was never posted online, I put way too much work into that to give it away.  There were many individual scenes posted.  It was available on DVD for a while,I may release it again this year.
- Derek

Understand.  I'd pay for it without a thought!
I want the DVD too!!!!
And As Always,
Happy Battlings and a Glorious Death to You All!!!!

B&D
(01-14-2020, 01:11 PM)Derek 1931 Wrote:

Thanks!
Sorry, it was never posted online, I put way too much work into that to give it away.  There were many individual scenes posted.  It was available on DVD for a while,I may release it again this year.
- Derek
What is this film Overkill about?  Does it feature lotsa belly stabbing?  For the crossbow scene in Way Bad Stone, I remember watching it back in 1998 through a video clip posted in Delphi forum, and have been replaying it in my mind since then.  Thought that I would never have the chance to see it again.  Those were the days when I would enthusiastically logged on to the internet everyday to check out the posts.