Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Spanish Family Feud
A story I wrote some time back. Maybe some will remember it? Its one way to settle a family disagreement!

In the year 1648 the Montoya family was the undisputed land owners over a vast area of land in Southern Spain. The family had acquired it through toil sweat and blood over the past 150 years. Their empire stood unopposed, from the outside.

As the patriarch of the Montoya family, Edwardo, lay dying in his lavish bedroom in the 100 room estate his two sons stood in the study in heated argument. Apparently their Father had not provided a last will and testament stating who should become the primary guardian of the Montoya empire.

Carlos, the older of the brothers, was a dashing figure of a man even at 44 years old age. It was his contention that as the oldest Son it was only natural that he be the next in line. His younger brother Guillermo retorted, "But brother, it was I who has helped build this estate while you were off in your own selfish pursuits. Your wines, your ships, your own trading company, all these things you have devoted your time to while I ran our family business. Now, as our Father lays dying you want to come back into the family business and take over what I have built with our Farther? No, no Carlos I cannot allow this. I owe my sons that much."

Both men had their male children with them as they were now old enough to listen, but not take part in the discussions of family business. Carlos's son was Rico. He had just turned 17 and was the spitting image of his dashing father. He had great amounts of wavy jet black hair and a smooth beardless face that was anointed with deep dimples. His eyes were black as coal and his smile showed gleaming white teeth when he flashed it. But he was not smiling now as his Father and his Uncle, who he loved much, were squaring off in an argument that was getting worse every minute. Guillermo had his two sons with him. Miguel was the older of the two at 16. He was not as handsome as his cousin but he still would draw the gaze of many a young girl, or boy, even if they did not know of his family's wealth. Hector was but 14 and he looked more like his cousin Rico than his own brother. This was not unnoticed by others as well but was never discussed. They too were a bit uncomfortable as their family seemed to be tearing itself apart. The oldest of Guillermo's sons was Rene at 24. He was named after his Mother's French side. He had left home almost 9 years ago and had not yet returned from his studies in France.

As the older Montoyas grew more and more combative they asked their boys to leave the room. The 3 teens eagerly left the tension filled study. Shortly after that the Senior Montoya's doctor reported that he had died. The squabbling brothers did not even make it to their Father's bedside. Now their Father's lawyer insisted that the brothers settle this dispute. There was much to take care of and indeed the family fortune could well be lost if those decisions were not made quickly.

The argument went into the night and the brothers decided to rest and pick up again in the morning. Both went back to their respective homes with their boys. Carlos had managed a few hours of fitful sleep. Guillermo returned home to see that his long absent son Rene had arrived from Paris. The two embraced and when Guillermo told his son the current state of family affairs Rene pondered for a moment, then smiled broadly saying, "Father, I may have the solution to our problems." As Rene told his Father his plan a wide smile crossed his face and he broke into laughter.

Carlos and Rico met again at the Elder Montoya's estate with Guillermo, Miguel and Hector. Rene also accompanied them but stayed in a side room off the study secluded. Guillermo approached his brother in a soft gentile manner, "Brother, we must settle this and I can see neither of us will relent so this is what I propose...."

When he finished Carlos erupted, "You can't be serious! A duel between our sons?!" You must be mad!" But as Carlos looked at the young forms of his Nephews he began to think that this may not be such a bad idea. He had enjoyed many fun family moments with both Hector and Miguel but; what if Rico were to kill one of them? The family empire would be his and the loss of one of the boys would be no great loss in the long run to him. He approached Rico and asked him what he thought. The idea of fighting one of his cousins to the death was not something he wanted to do by any means but he agreed to the duel if it was his Father's wish.

Guillermo had been standing with Hector and Miguel when Carlos approached. "Very well brother," said Carlos, "Your idea is acceptable. It is regrettable that one of our sons must sacrifice himself but it seems to be the only way." The lawyer agreed to the strange terms and drew up the contract that would be fatal for someone here this day.

At last the papers were ready and both Carlos and Guillermo read and signed them. As the only son of Carlos old enough to even be considered for the duel Rico was the only choice for his side of the dispute. Carlos did have two other sons but Juan at 11 and Carlos Jr., 9 were too young to even be considered for such a thing. Carlos turned to look at Guillermo and his boys and wondered who he would choose to face Rico. Miguel being the oldest was the obvious choice but, even though Hector was 2 years younger, he was almost the same height. He had a slightly sturdier look him. But either would fall to Rico's size and skill with the foil thought Carlos. "Well," said Carlos, "which of your fine sons shall represent you?" Carlos stood by Rico beaming with confidence. Guillermo announced, "My eldest son Rene shall represent my interests this day!" Hearing his name Rene steeped from the side room into the study. Carlos and Rico were astonished!

"Hello Uncle...sweet Rico," said Rene as he stood by his Father and brothers. Carlos was almost speechless. He had totally forgotten about Rene. After all he had not been seen in almost 10 years. "But...but I thought," uttered Carlos. Guillermo helped his brother finish his words, "You thought that Rico would have to fence with Hector or Miguel. Well, you forget brother, Rene is my son as much as they are." Carlos protested but the contract was iron clad. Rene WAS Guillermo's offspring and was eligible to be his choice for the duel. Carlos wanted to call the duel off and suggested that they take the matter to court. Guillermo told him the only way this duel was not going to happen was if Carlos yielded to his demands. Carlos looked at his beloved son but still was a bit hesitant to give away all that power and money. When Rico saw his Father's distress he pulled him aside and whispered in his ear, "Father, you know I am the best fencer in the academy. I know Rene is older and stronger but I feel I can best him...PLEASE Father! Let me do this for us..for OUR family!" Carlos took a deep breath and sighed. "Very well Rico May God bless you and forgive me." He turned back to His brother and Nephews. "Rico has persuaded me to allow this to go forward."

Carlos's and Guillermo's eyes locked. Guillermo had tricked him and Carlos knew it. That alone infuriated him. Rico's and Rene's eyes were trapped in a stare down as well. Both knew Rene held the advantage in strength but Rico did in fact believe he could best the young man.

The family moved to the main entry to the huge estate. The massive foyer would be the dueling site. The floor was solid white and peach colored marble. The walls were light colored stone that sparkled with assorted minerals. The ceiling was three full stories above them in a vaulted shape. Sounds echoed and bounced off the impressive room which was devoid of furniture save for simple wooden benches that were placed sporadically along the walls. The mid morning sun shone warm through the partly stained glass windows casting beautiful colors across the shiny walls and white floor. This place of wealth built beauty would soon be the home of an ugly death.

Guillermo and Carlos each inspected the slender fencing foil that their nephew was to use against his son. When both were satisfied Carlos gave the foil to Rene and Guillermo handed Rico his. He had a touch of regret about tricking his brother to commit his oldest son to the fight but he would get over it he told himself.

A small walkway encircled most of the room that was made of marble and had marble railings. Carlos, Guillermo, his younger sons and the family lawyer took positions on it. Rico and Rene stood in the center of the large room. Each wore loose fitting pants. Rico's were pale yellow and Rene's were blue. Each youth wore a loose fitting ruffled shirt that Rene suddenly removed and tossed to Hector. Rico followed suit and the difference in physical stature was obvious. Twenty-four year old Rene gave his barely 17 year old cousin a smile. Rene had a two day growth of stubble over his chiseled and terribly handsome face. Rene had a well toned form of an adult. His broad shoulders rippled with muscle as did his wide chest. His hard pectorals were covered with a layer of light brown hairs that trailed off to a line of fur that ran down his well developed 6-pack abdomen till it widened out to a pear shape pattern around his large round navel. His arms were muscled and had large veins visible. Rico was impressed at his older cousin's physique. Rene scoffed at Rico saying, "I can now see what good living does to a man. You have the soft body of a noble cousin Rico!"

Rico was not fat but he didn't have the definition that Rene did. He was smaller to begin with and he sported just a slight swell of flesh below his navel. He had little body hair save for a few stray strands around his nipples and a dark line leading down from his innie navel over his slightly bulging belly to where it disappeared into his loose fitting baggy pants. His chest was undefined with an ever so slight layer of soft flesh covering it. His small red mounded nipples stood out in stark contrast to his pale skin which was almost pure white as his outdoor activity was most limited. He spent most of his time in studies, and in fencing training.

The two combatants stood ready to begin the deadly contest. Control of the Montoya fortune stood on the line. Rico placed his left hand in his hip and raised his foil. Rene put his left arm out to his side and slightly behind him and touched Rico's foil with his own signaling his readiness. The duel was on.

Rene took several jabs at Rico's face that the younger boy dodged. Rico countered with several swipes of his own at Rene's ruggedly handsome face he too missed making contact. They then began to crisscross and parry their swords and each countered the moves of the other. The clanks of the banging metal echoed loudly in the vaulted room. Both stood their ground as they went through their "feeling out" process.

Rene was most impressed with the skill that Rico was already showing. He had thought he would have his young cousin down and mortally wounded or dead in short order but Rico was proving to be more of a match than he expected. But Rene did not concern himself too much as he was still held the advantage in strength and stamina. He also had received the finest fencing training in the world in Paris. Rene acknowledged Rico was probably the best in this little corner of the world but Rene had achieved world class status with his fencing ability. Even his father didn't know that Rene had won seven duels with his fencing foil. Rene knew that his handsome young cousin would be number eight.

Rico was concentrating on his form. He had shown Rene about half his talent and the big, strong young man had countered all those moves with text book ease. Rico realized Rene was undoubtedly well schooled. He decided to step the combat up a notch and thrust forward with several quick swipes followed by fast jabs. Rene was caught just slightly off guard and backed up. Rico pressed the attack throwing great energy and force into the swiping and arching foil. Rene countered the moves but was still on the defensive. He moved to take a wide swipe at Rico. He did. Rico ducked under the whooshing sword and came up and swiped his own foil straight across Rene's well muscled chest. As if the foil were tipped with a red marker it made a line across Rene's upper left pec. Tiny red flows of blood tricked out of the cut and ran down the fuzzy pectoral. Rico stepped back almost as if to admire his handiwork. He said, "First born is first to bleed. I have cost you some blood cousin."

Rene recovered from the sharp sting and, in an intimidation effort; he touched his left finger tips to the wound and then put them to his mouth. He licked his finger clean of his own blood and smiled at Rico saying, "You may have cost me a few drops of blood dear cousin. But you have just cost yourself much more."

Rico smiled confidently back and said, "And what might that be dear Rene." The strong young man smiled at Rico and said, "You have cost yourself a quick death."

Rene seemed to gain strength from his minor wound and lunged forward at Rico. He countered the moves but Rene seemed to move almost faster than humanly possible. Rico was dodging and blocking as well as he could but Rene continued to put the boy on the defensive. At last Rico tried an offensive move and Rene knocked his sword aside. Rene quickly brought his own foil back into position and thrust forward then pulled back, again with amazing swiftness. Rene backed up from Rico who was just now realizing he had been stuck. Rico looked down to see a tiny red dot on his soft stomach just to the left of his deep navel. Dark red blood oozed from the hole with the consistency of thick syrup. Rico pressed in on the hole with his left hand and looked somewhat stunned at Rene who grinned ever so slightly.

Rene said sarcastically, "What seems to be troubling you dear cousin? You seem to have sprung a leak!"

Rico straightened himself up and said, "A mere scratch. Nothing more!"

Rene held up his foil seeing that the tip plus five inches were covered in Rico's blood. He pointed this out to Rico and said, "A scratch that goes deep into the gut!"

Breathing a little heavier now the teenager replied, "You have long way to go if you intend to defeat me cousin!" As he finished those words Rico lunged forward and had Rene backpedaling again.

Rene was unprepared for the sudden and strong attack given Rico's deep wound but Rico was fighting with adrenaline fueled fear. He knew he had been seriously hurt and needed to score an equal or more severe strike to Rene before Rene could deliver another to him.

Rene countered and attacked forward. Now Rico was on the defensive again. He was backing up till he felt the backs of his legs run into one of the wooden benches that rimmed to foyer. He gave a hop and was suddenly above Rene and brought his left fist down and cracked it into the side of his older cousin's cheek. Rene staggered back slightly and Rico took a wide swipe meaning to slash open Rene's throat. Rene ducked under it and came right up inside of Rico's foil while driving his home. Rene's thin sword punctured the soft swell of flesh in Rico's lower belly neatly bisecting the boy's dark treasure trail. The foil's point sunk deep through the boy's small intestine and Rico gasped at the intrusion into his body. Rene pulled it free and left Rico standing on the bench doubled over with a look of pain on his smooth face.

Carlos was standing on his tip toes as he watched his son take a second severe wounding. He knew now that it would take the greatest stroke of luck for his boy to win the duel. And if he conceded now he would probably save Rico's life but would lose all he had struggled to obtain. He decided that he loved the possibility of greater riches more than he loved his son and allowed the duel to continue.

Rico got down off the bench gingerly and held his left arm around the two bleeding holes in his belly. In addition to the burning pain from the stabs he was feeling nauseous and had the curious sensation that he had to move his bowels but Rico raised his sword at Rene and signaled he wanted to continue. Rene shook his head and knew he had Rico defeated and said, "Poor, poor Rico. You never could best me, even when we were boys." Rene paused and said tauntingly, "But, look at what I'm saying? You still are a little boy! Why, you have yet to even shave!"

Rico's face grew red with both pain and anger. He knew Rene was right. All those years ago before Rene left for Paris Rene was 15 and Rico was just 9 the two had always wrestled around and Rene being 6 years older would always get Rico down and pinch his nipples and poke his navel. Rene liked to best his younger cousin and now he was doing it again and he knew it. Rico knew it too and didn't want it to happen again with so much at stake. Rico reached down for the last of his dwindling strength reserves and lurched forward at Rene holding his foil with both hands.

Rene was trying to think up of another taunt when Rico struck with amazingly strong and wild force. Rene was sent stumbling backward and Rico pressed in fast. Rene walked back into the marble steps that led to the walk way fending off the wickedly strong swipes and jabs of Rico's foil all the while. He fell backward and lost the grip on his foil. Rico saw the opening and took it. His aim was true as his slender foil jabbed right into Rene's large navel. The navel scar tissue held the cold steel point off for several moments but Rico's teen muscle pushed past its resistance and sent his foil deep to meet whatever abdominal organs rested behind his cousin's belly button.

Guillermo and his two younger sons groaned at Rico's success and Carlos had some reason to be hopeful for the first time since the beginning of the fight.

Rene gasped. He had been stabbed in the belly in previous fights but never right through his navel. He grabbed Rico's foil shaft with his left hand and pulled it out of his belly. He held the sword harmless and Rico tried to get control of it back. Rene found the grip to his own sword and said to Rico through gritted teeth, "You will pay dearly for that DEAR COUSIN!"

Rene then got to his feet still holding Rico's sword high over both their heads. Rico was a wide open target and Rene plunged his foil deeply into Rico's soft stomach over and over. One hit to the right of the navel, another stabbed mid-belly, another went deep in just above the pubic hair, another to the lower abdomen through the lush bush of pubes, one right below the left rib cage, and finally one that drove right through Rico's deep innie cave of a navel. Rene was furious still and as he withdrew he made two blindingly fast swipes and cut a big red X right across the soft flesh of his teen cousin's chest. He stepped back from Rico and watched as the brave 17 year old slowly sank to his knees. Despite the horrible pain of having his guts punctured multiple times young Rico’s adolescent cock stood straight and hard inside his blood soaked trousers. It was as if the piercing foil coaxed his teenaged sperm from his low hanging balls. As he began to fall his sperm blasted from his flared cock head and joined his blood in drenching his trousers. Even though terribly wounded Rico remembered his training never to look away from your opponent.  As Rico fell he groaned in both agony and orgasmic but pleasure he never once took his eyes off his enemy.

The watchers were both horrified and amazed. Carlos lowered his head as he knew his boy was about to die. His dreams of control of the family fortune was about to die too. Guillermo and his younger boys were thrilled that Rene had recovered so quickly and now stood poised to deliver the Montoya fortune into their hands.

At Last Rene's anger subsided slightly and he looked down at the kneeling Rico. Blood was oozing from eight stab wounds in the boy's stomach. His yellow pants were plastered down to his skin with his blood. The wound below his rib cage had punctured his stomach sack and as it filled with blood some escaped up through his mouth. A small trickle ran out of both corners of Rico's mouth. Rico's soft belly heaved in and out as he gasped for air. Rene moved closer to his dying cousin. He almost had a look of compassion on his face but he put those feelings aside as he raised his foil for a final thrust while, inside his pants his cock raised in anticipation of releasing its semen, something that always happened when Rene killed an opponent.

Rico knew he would not recover from his wounds. He thought briefly of all the things he would never do or never see. But as he saw Rene about to deliver his final end he also thought of his Father. He loved his Farther still. Rene aimed for the center of the X he had made on Rico's body. Rene's aim was perfect and his foil point stabbed through the center of Rico's sternum. But Rene felt something in his body as well. He looked down to see that Rico had managed to bring up his own foil and now a good 4 inches of it rested inside Rene's hairy chest just to right of his breast bone. Both young men had a look of surprise on their faces. Rene's look changed as his mouth formed an O but no sound came out. He fell forward to his side. Had Rico got him on the other side of his breast he would have pierced the heart. Rico fell straight back in a spread eagle position. Rene's foil still stuck up from his upper abdomen. The metal sticklike foil bobbed up and down along with the heaving stomach as Rico gasped his last few breaths.

Both fathers ran to their son's sides. Guillermo helped Rene to his feet. He pressed clean cloths to the wounds in the young man's navel and chest. Rene leaned on his father and younger brothers as they moved past Carlos who held the now lifeless head of Rico on his lap. He stroked the dead teenager's thick black hair and whimpered softly. Rene paused for a moment and said, "If it means anything at Uncle...he did fight well" Carlos just nodded and the winning family left the room to lay Rene down and mend his wounds.

Control of the fortune went to Guillermo as per the contract. Rene was seriously wounded and it took him over a moth to recover. A fever a week after the duel almost claimed his life as well.

Carlos was still a wealthy man and was still involved in the family business but not as the head of it. He never forgave his brother for tricking him into having his beloved Rico fight the older, stronger Rene. Neither did Carlos's other sons. Eleven year old Juan or 9 year old Carlos, Jr. But it would be several years before these younger members of his side of the family would be old enough to extract their revenge on Uncle Guillermo and his sons.
The attention to detail really sets the scene and there’s nothing like a family feud to enhance the excitement of the fight. Great writing, thank you.
Precision of the thrusts and the detail of where the blade enters makes this story even more awesome ........ nicely written!
Love the stab tight through the heart