Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New BIG project - x-bows vs hanguns short action film
For a while now I have been working with one model actor whom you probably saw in some of my older short web-cam mini-scenes.

I loved how he acted during our small web-cam sessions, so I decided to try to make with him a longer and much more complex action short film to try out new editing approaches and hopefully take the visuals to a bit new level compared to my older videos.
As before, I work with him remotely and everything is seen/filmed through his phone and via real-time video chat sessions, where I give him directions on what to do, how to position the camera, lighting etc.

We had hours and hours of such sessions of practice and refinement of numerous small scenes which I plan to assemble and edit together into a simple "2-faction rumble" action fun film.

Since we are limited to one space (his apartment I assume), it was quite a challenge to work with different rooms and angles in order to break up the shots such that we could feel the illusion of a larger space...

The "story" is very simple - there are 2 "gangs" - dudes in red armed with handguns ("residents"), and dudes in black (mostly masked as they are the intruders) armed with crossbows.
All "weapons" of course are not real - just toys or replicas.

Obviously, we kept outfits minimalistic to spice up the action haha.

The intruding gang climbs and sneaks into the space (nobody cares what reason I guess haha, definitely something "important"), and this triggers a shootout between two factions Tongue

The film is coming along quite dynamic and filled with action thrill Smile

Of course, everybody is performed by the same guy... But through some editing techniques and sometimes combining several characters together on-screen I think I managed to overcome this problem, hopefully giving the illusion that they are "clones" or maybe just similar-looking dudes Tongue
Given the circumstance of a small amateur project, I think this is forgivable lol

It all started as a fairly simple couple-scenes film, but I didn't notice how this grew into a complex assembly of various scenes, so I think in the end this will result in several smaller "episodes" released one by one as they progress.

I want to give huge thanks to combatposer for offering me his amazing props in the form of "stick-on" xbow bolts and bullet wound stickers - all you see on the images below are actual screen grabs taken from the videos using real makeup/props, it's not photoshop.

DISCLAIMER: This project costs (and still will cost) me a lot of time and money to pay the guy for performance and for the equipment/outfit that he is using. So I'd love to keep ownership of posting/sharing of this project. So if it is shared anywhere outside of this forum, that needs to be ONLY me (unless I allow otherwise - but feel free to ask Smile ).

Below I wanted to give a preview "flavor" of the project to come... For now just some random images.
...more to come!

[Image: set-01.jpg]

[Image: set-02.jpg]

[Image: set-03.jpg]

[Image: set-04.jpg]
this looks amazing! cant wait watching the video
Glad to see it's coming along well!
- Derek
(12-06-2021, 06:24 AM)someguy123user Wrote: For a while now I have been working with one model actor whom you probably saw in some of my older short web-cam mini-scenes.

I loved how he acted during our small web-cam sessions, so I decided to try to make with him a longer and much more complex action short film to try out new editing approaches and hopefully take the visuals to a bit new level compared to my older videos.
As before, I work with him remotely and everything is seen/filmed through his phone and via real-time video chat sessions, where I give him directions on what to do, how to position the camera, lighting etc.

We had hours and hours of such sessions of practice and refinement of numerous small scenes which I plan to assemble and edit together into a simple "2-faction rumble" action fun film.

Since we are limited to one space (his apartment I assume), it was quite a challenge to work with different rooms and angles in order to break up the shots such that we could feel the illusion of a larger space...

The "story" is very simple - there are 2 "gangs" - dudes in red armed with handguns ("residents"), and dudes in black (mostly masked as they are the intruders) armed with crossbows.
All "weapons" of course are not real - just toys or replicas.

Obviously, we kept outfits minimalistic to spice up the action haha.

The intruding gang climbs and sneaks into the space (nobody cares what reason I guess haha, definitely something "important"), and this triggers a shootout between two factions Tongue

The film is coming along quite dynamic and filled with action thrill Smile

Of course, everybody is performed by the same guy... But through some editing techniques and sometimes combining several characters together on-screen I think I managed to overcome this problem, hopefully giving the illusion that they are "clones" or maybe just similar-looking dudes Tongue
Given the circumstance of a small amateur project, I think this is forgivable lol

It all started as a fairly simple couple-scenes film, but I didn't notice how this grew into a complex assembly of various scenes, so I think in the end this will result in several smaller "episodes" released one by one as they progress.

I want to give huge thanks to combatposer for offering me his amazing props in the form of "stick-on" xbow bolts and bullet wound stickers - all you see on the images below are actual screen grabs taken from the videos using real makeup/props, it's not photoshop.

DISCLAIMER: This project costs (and still will cost) me a lot of time and money to pay the guy for performance and for the equipment/outfit that he is using. So I'd love to keep ownership of posting/sharing of this project. So if it is shared anywhere outside of this forum, that needs to be ONLY me (unless I allow otherwise - but feel free to ask Smile ).

Below I wanted to give a preview "flavor" of the project to come... For now just some random images.
...more to come!

[Image: set-01.jpg]

[Image: set-02.jpg]

[Image: set-03.jpg]

[Image: set-04.jpg]

Looks great! I know it must be a lot of work. Being confined in a relatively small space I am sure is challenging, but if the acting works out - and obviously your actor is really great looking! - I think the space issue fades away. Good luck with it and thanks!
DAAAAMN! This is gonna be the most exciting content this year, and I cannot fucking wait! You accept donations?
This looks fantastic, the quality is epic! And all accomplished with only one actor, the editing must be really tough. Thank you!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=21650]
All my work are available on PIXIV for free
Hi guys. When and where I can download or buy this film?
Hoping for an update Wink
Me too!
thanks a lot, guys - glad you feel excited about the upcoming film Smile

I have been away lately due to lots of work and some holidays trips.

So far we "filmed" most of the content, but I still have ending scene + misc "filler" small scenes to film with that guy. Haven't moved much with the final editing yet due to the reasons described above Tongue

As for the "financial" part - for now, I am not sure how I will share the project in the end. I'll need to figure out if it will be put up on sale, and if so - which platform etc. I have never done it that way before (all of my stuff was free so far lol), but I will def figure it out one way or another.